Video: How to Select a part of the track#
Watch this video to see how it works
Select a part of the track#
If songs are too long, you can easily cut and paste parts of the music.
You first need to select a part that you want to cut, delete, duplicate, move to sample lane etc.
- press the Shift - key
- Click in the waveform of the track at the start of the part you want to select.
- Drag and hold the mouse to the end part of you want to select and release the Shift-key.
- Set the playhead at the start of the part you want to select.
- Click the Scissor icon at the left of the middle bar.
- Set the playhead at the end of the part you want to select.
- Click the Scissor icon at the left of the middle bar again.
Right-click in the yellow highlighted area to see all the things you can do with the selected part.
- Cut, Copy and Paste
- Delete selected automation
- Copy to Sample lane
How to make tracks or a mix shorter#
You can make tracks shorter in 2 different ways:
- remove parts of the song , see the description above to select a part of the track, and choose Delete in the right click menu
- change the mix in/out point by moving the transition window.
Drag the olive colored bars in the transition window or the blue colored transition window to the left or the right
You can speed up your mixing process by using keyboard shortcuts. You can find the explanation of all of the shortcuts in the middle bar at the right side of your Studio.
For even more Advanced editing options, you can also use the Sample lane.